Thank you for considering the donation of your baby’s cord blood!
You may be eligible to donate your baby’s cord blood if you
- are 18 years or older,
- are at least at 34 weeks gestation, (though you may contact us before 34 weeks and be placed on a call back list), and
- have asked your doctor or midwife if he/she is willing to collect your baby’s cord blood.
If you meet these qualifications, please contact the Joanne Pang Foundation at 415-787-CORD (2673) or firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will help determine if you are an eligible donor based on additional criteria. The MD Anderson Cord Blood Bank makes the final determination on a prospective donor’s eligibility.
How does it work?
- You must be eligible to donate, give your consent, and provide your medical history.
- The MD Anderson Cord Blood Bank confirms your eligibility and processes your paperwork.
- A collection kit is mailed to your home.
- You will take the collection kit with you when you are admitted for labor and delivery.
- The cord blood is collected after your baby is born, and the cord is cut and clamped.
- The cord blood unit is packaged and shipped overnight to the cord blood bank.
What are the benefits?
- Your baby’s cord blood stem cells provide unrelated patients an option for treating and even curing blood diseases and disorders.
- There is NO CHARGE to donate your baby’s cord blood.